Answers to Your Most Common Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get my money?
There are three steps to receiving your money: 1. authorizing; 2. batch settlement; 3. daily deposit.
Step 1 – Authorizing the transaction to verify that a credit card is active and within the approved spending limit:
- Retail and restaurant merchants swipe the credit card through a point-of-sale terminal (i.e., card is physically present).
- Mail order/telephone order merchants enter the credit card details provided by the customer via mail, telephone or fax (i.e., the card is not present).
- eCommerce merchants allow customers to provide their credit card details through your website or shopping cart (i.e., card is not present).
- In any of these environments, the credit card information is transmitted to the customer’s credit card issuing bank, which provides a valid authorization code upon approval, or a decline message.
Step 2 – Settling the transaction batch:
- The merchant’s point-of-sale terminal/software or payment gateway transmits transaction details in a batch at the close of the business day.
- The transaction batch is processed by the merchant processing bank, which directs the transactions to appropriate customers’ credit card issuing banks.
- The credit card issuing bank debits the cardholder’s account.
Step 3 – Receiving your daily deposit:
- Your merchant account is credited with the transaction batch total amount within 24-48 hours of settlement. This is deposited to your bank account on file with us. Transaction fees are debited on a monthly basis.
How does a payment gateway integrate into my website?
Most payment gateways provide an API (application program interface), which enables merchants to accept secure and reliable credit card payments quickly and easily through their website or certified third-party options that offer quick and secure integration methods.
What terminal, equipment, or software is best for my business?
Please consult your i3 Merchant Solutions account manager for more information regarding our point-of-sale terminals, virtual terminals, payment gateways, or mobile processing options.
How long before I can start accepting credit cards?
In most cases, merchant accounts are approved within two to three business days and merchants are able to accept credit cards within 2-3 weeks.
What types of merchants does i3 Merchant Solutions approve?
Whether you are building an eCommerce website, retail or restaurant business, or a mail order/telephone order business, you will want to open an i3 Merchant Solutions merchant account, which enables you to accept payments for customer purchases.
Will I be trained to use the credit card terminal?
Yes. Once you receive your credit card terminal a representative from i3 Merchant Solutions will train you on how to use the terminal. In addition, we provide a toll-free customer service number you can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so you can receive help at any time.
Do I need a shopping cart for my eCommerce merchant account?
No, we can provide you with a basic shopping cart as a part of your payment gateway. However, merchants that have a large number of products may find it easier to use a third-party shopping cart. If you strictly process mail order and/or telephone order transactions, then you do not need a shopping cart.
What do we provide for an eCommerce merchant account?
i3 Merchant Solutions can assist you with setting up an eCommerce solution, including shopping carts and/or virtual terminals, to fit your specific business needs.
When do my transactions get funded?
Typical funding schedules are 24 or 48 hours, depending on specific account agreements. Transaction batches need to be settled in order to receive funding.
How do I request more information?
Please fill out our contact us form.
What if I need help with my account?
Customer service representatives are available to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Check our Support page for more details.
How do I apply for a merchant account?
Obtain your three most recent merchant processing statements and call our Sales team at (800) 218-3683.